Student Job Opening
1. Report to work on time and get post assignment and briefing from your supervisor.
2. Enforce the Library/Campus policy on conduct, Campus building code and California law applicable to libraries.
3. Implement the Library Emergency Procedures during emergency situation.
4. Implement the book detection alarm response when the book detectors are activated.
5. Provide information and directions to patrons. Be familiar with the service locations within the library.
6. Conduct building evacuation announcement in case of fire or any emergency. Conduct closing announcement: 30 minutes - 15 minutes before and at the end of library hours. Refer to written script.
7. Clear library of patrons at closing. Perform opening and closing duties which includes turning on and timing off lights, locking & unlocking exterior & interior doors and turning on and shutting down computers.
8. When assigned patrol duties carry communication equipment and a building key set. Patrol and check assigned area of responsibilites. Be reachable and know the communication dead spots within the library complex. Be alert for any safety/security hazards and maintenance problems. Report findings to supervisor and accomplish the appropriate security forms.
9. Report any incident/complaint; illegal, suspicious, criminal activity to your supervisor and complete the required security reports. Maintain a daily chronological record of events occuring on shifts on the Daily Activity Report (DAR).
10. Account for all equipment at the beginning and end of your shift.
11. Perform other duties as assigned.
Must be currently enrolled student at the University of California, Berkeley, have work study, and be able to work the designated shifts. Must be able to work during summer and intersession and able to pick up extra shifts during the weeks of RRR and Final examinations.
Previous library or security experience, Certifications in CPR, AED, and First Aid.
Thurs Day Shifts - 8:30 AM - 12 PM
Sun Day Shifts - 12 PM - 4 PM
Sun Swing Shifts - 4 PM-9:30 PM
Sunday-Thursday Overnight Shift - 2:30 AM - 7:30 AM
Perfer local students or students that are willing to work during the summer.
The University Library Security team at Doe, Moffitt, and Gardner Stacks are looking for responsible and reliable individuals with a pleasant personality, but can enforce building policy. Neat in appearances, good manners, & works well with fellow student workers. Must be able to maintain assigned positions and patrolling duties, and remain attentive at all times and interact confidently with the public.